OUR STATIONS

Together, our four contiguous stations comprise more than one million hectares, including over 90km of pristine coastline from the mouth of the Gilbert River extending all the way north up to the mouth of the Nassau River on the shores of the Gulf of Carpentaria.

  • Inkerman Station

    Inkerman is our second largest and most remote of all our stations. It dates back to 1899 and is made up of four historic stations (Inkerman, Galbraith, Waterloo and Wynola). A truly special place, it is bordered by water on three sides: the Nassau River to the north, the Staaten River to the south, and the Gulf of Carpentaria to the west almost all of which is shell-covered beachfront and from where the sea breeze rolls in at 3pm each afternoon. It boasts some of our most spectacular scenery, and is where we run around 10,000 breeder cows.

    Inkerman Station
    Established 1899
    280,000 hectares
    10,000 head
    1,015mm annual rainfall
  • Dorunda Station

    Dorunda was established in 1885 and named after the steamer SS. Dorunda which was the first vessel to carry beef from Queensland to Great Britain in 1881. The 110,010-hectare station is the smallest of our four, running around 3000 head of breeders. Dorunda is a hidden oasis, abundant with pristine natural waters, the largest of which is the remarkable 20km-long permanent freshwater lake, fed by numerous waterfalls in the wet season.

    Dorunda Station
    Established 1885
    110,010 hectares
    3,000 head
    960mm annual rainfall
  • Van Rook Station

    Van Rook is our largest and most well-known station, and one of the biggest cattle stations in Queensland, if not Australia. It’s the “big kahuna” of our operations and home to the majority of our breeding cattle as well as most of our staff. Meaning “of smoke” in Dutch, Van Rook is one of several stations and landmarks in the region bearing Dutch names – Staaten River and Nassau River are others – which date back to coastal exploration by Willem Janszoon in the Duyfken in 1606.

    Van Rook Station
    Established 1883
    590,500 hectares
    75,000 head
    955mm annual rainfall
  • Stirling Lotus Vale Station

    Stirling was originally Van Rook’s bullock block, separated from the main station by the Gilbert River. Annexed off Van Rook in 1991 and combined with the much smaller Lotus Vale Station (named after its lagoon abundant with lotus lilies), the property became known as Stirling Lotus Vale. Today the 125,000-hectare property fattens all of our sale steers, in addition to running our growing Brahman Stud.

    Stirling Lotus Vale Station
    Established 1883
    125,000 hectares
    15,000 head
    945mm annual rainfall
  • Gulf Coast Stud

    As part of our commitment to the ongoing improvement of our herd genetics, we have developed a pure Brahman stud which is run on Stirling Lotus Vale Station. The stud is comprised of genetics from some of Australia’s best Brahman studs. Running our stud from the Gulf allows for more flexibility and increased adaptability to the tropical Gulf climate and conditions.

    Gulf Coast Stud