GRADER OPERATOR – 2020 Season
Based at Inkerman Station (approx. 265km north of Normanton & Karumba and 650km west of Cairns in the Northern Queensland Gulf), the role would involve the grading of station roads and fence lines in one of our CAT 140H graders. Must be available each year for the dry season from April through to October/November). This is a senior position for a mature and highly capable person that can handle a high level of responsibility and work autonomously.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Operate the company’s CAT 140H grader.
- Being responsible for the standard maintenance & servicing of the machine mid-season (with the assistance of the station mechanic) so that it is kept in a good operable state at all times.
- Where required, assisting with operating other station heavy machinery when not grading.
- Minimum of 5,000 hours operating a similar class machine.
- A very high level of care and attention to detail.
- Understanding preventative maintenance procedures.
- A positive “can do” attitude.
- Ability to work on their own but still as part of a strong team environment.
- Manual Driver’s License.
Preferable but not essential
- Rural background.
- Current basic first aid certificate.
- MC Truck Licence.
Because we only want the very best people on our stations, we offer excellent wages and very comfortable accommodation, lush manicured station grounds, high-speed WiFi and seriously good chef-cooked meals – honestly the best you will find anywhere on a station in the North of Australia!
This is a great opportunity for someone to have the experience of a lifetime working with a fantastic team of fun, genuine people on a busy well-managed cattle station in some of the more interesting scenery of the Outback with excellent fishing & camping opportunities on days off.
Start date: April 2020
Apply now >