MACHINERY OPERATOR – 2020 Season
Based at Van Rook Station (approx. 135km north east of Normanton & Karumba in the Northern Queensland Gulf), the role would involve operating both our CAT 966H Front-End Loader & Komatsu D85EX Bulldozer, as well as any of our CAT 140 graders at certain times of the year if required. Must be available each year for the dry season from April through to November/December). This is a senior position for a mature and highly capable person that can handle a high level of responsibility and autonomy.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Operate the company’s CAT 966H Front-End Loader and Komatsu D85EX Bulldozer
- Being responsible for the standard maintenance & servicing of any machine you are operating mid-season (with the assistance of the station mechanic) so that it is kept in a good operable state at all times.
- Where required, assisting with operating other station machinery such as any one of the CAT 140 graders.
- Minimum of 5,000 hours operating a similar class machine.
- Previous earthworks experience with building or repairing Turkeys Nests and Dams.
- A very high level of care and attention to detail.
- Understanding preventative maintenance procedures.
- A positive “can do” attitude.
- Ability to work on their own but still as part of a strong team environment.
- Manual Driver’s License.
Preferable but not essential
- Rural background.
- Current basic first aid certificate.
- MC Truck Licence.
Because we only want the very best people on our stations, we offer excellent wages and very comfortable renovated accommodation, lush manicured station grounds, dedicated staff phone with unlimited free calls, free high-speed WiFi and seriously good chef-cooked meals – honestly the best you will find anywhere on a station in the North of Australia!
This is a great opportunity for someone to have the experience of a lifetime working with a fantastic team of fun, genuine people on one of Australia’s largest cattle stations in some of the more interesting scenery of the Outback with excellent fishing & camping opportunities on days off.
Start date: April 2020
Apply now >