TRUCK DRIVER, VAN ROOK STATION
Based at Van Rook Station (approx. 135km north east of Normanton & Karumba in the Northern Queensland Gulf), the role would involve driving one of the station’s Kenworth Prime Movers and trailers. Must be available each year for the dry season from April through to November/December). This is a senior position for a mature and highly capable person that can handle a high level of responsibility.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Driving the company’s Kenworth Prime Mover for the carting of cattle, ferrying of large equipment, running out supplement feeding.
- Being responsible for the standard maintenance & servicing of the machine mid-season (with the assistance of the station mechanic) so that it is kept in a good operable state at all times.
- At times where trucking is not required, assisting with completing part of the station’s water run.
- MC Truck License
- Minimum of 5,000 hours driving road trains.
- Basic mechanical knowledge
- Extensive experience working with cattle, understanding of the highest standards of animal welfare and low-stress stock handling techniques.
- A high level of care and attention to detail.
- Understanding preventative maintenance procedures.
- A positive “can do” attitude.
- Ability to work on their own but still as part of a strong team environment.
- Must have a sense of humour!
Preferable but not essential
- Rural background.
- Current basic first aid certificate.
- AB Firearms licence.
Because we only want the very best people on our stations, we offer excellent wages and very comfortable renovated accommodation, lush manicured station grounds, high-speed WiFi, dedicated staff phone with unlimited calls, full channel Foxtel and seriously good cooked meals – honestly the best you will find anywhere on a station in the North of Australia!
This is a great opportunity for someone to have the experience of a lifetime working with a fantastic team of fun, genuine people on one of Australia’s largest cattle stations in some of the more interesting scenery of the Outback with excellent fishing & camping opportunities on days off.
Apply now >