STATION MANAGER, STIRLING STATION
Based at Stirling Station (approx. 122km north east of the towns of Normanton and Karumba in the Northern Queensland Gulf), the role would involve being responsible for all aspects of the management of the station including managing the company’s growing Brahman Stud. This is the most senior station position for a mature and highly capable person that can handle a high level of responsibility.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Ensuring the highest standards of welfare for 15,000+ head of steers & spayed heifers, plus all of the stud cattle, in addition to any other livestock on the station, at all times.
- Commitment to the company’s strong Workplace Health & Safety program by ensuring the safety of all persons on the station at all times.
- Managing all aspects of the daily running of the station – including development and implementation of the station’s mustering program (with complex cattle/paddock movements), lick program and cap-ex budgets.
- Supervision of all staff and any contractors on the station.
- Ensuring all station machinery & equipment is regularly kept clean, maintained and serviced by the station mechanic.
- Ensuring all buildings, grounds and station infrastructure are kept in top condition and any maintenance required is reported to the Pastoral Inspector.
- Keeping of necessary station/cattle movement records and reporting these to the Pastoral Inspector / Head Office where required.
- Mentoring of staff on the station, focusing on boosting staff retention and ensuring best-practice techniques at all times.
- Previous Stud management experience.
- QLD AB Firearms Licence (or ability to obtain one).
- Extensive experience working with cattle, understanding of the highest standards of animal welfare and low-stress stock handling techniques (further training will be provided).
- Excellent horsemanship skills.
- Demonstrated leadership with strong communication, people management and mentoring skills.
- Must be able to work as a part of a tight team.
- Good problem solving skills.
- Must be hardworking, energetic and have a sense of humour!
Preferable but not essential
- Rural background.
- MC Licence.
- Strong computer skills.
Because we only want the very best people on our stations, we’re offering a very attractive remuneration package and a brand new renovated 3 bedroom, 2 bathroom Manager’s House (master bedroom with ensuite), lush manicured station grounds, high-speed WiFi and seriously good cooked meals – honestly the best you will find anywhere on a station in the North of Australia!
This is a great opportunity for a couple or young family looking for an immensely satisfying lifestyle with a healthy work/life balance. Working with a fantastic team of fun, genuine people on a busy well-cared for cattle station in some of the more interesting scenery of the Outback with excellent fishing & camping opportunities across the stations for those interested.
Additional training offered within the company to promote career development.
Start date: Immediate Start
Apply now >