STATION MANAGER, VAN ROOK STATION
Based at Van Rook Station (approx. 135km north of Normanton & Karumba in the Northern Queensland Gulf), the role would involve being responsible for all aspects of the management of the station. This is the most senior station position for a mature and highly capable person that can handle a high level of responsibility.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Ensuring the highest standards of welfare for a herd of around 65,000 head of Brahman breeder cows in addition to any other livestock on the station, at all times.
- Commitment to the company’s strong Workplace Health & Safety program by ensuring the safety of all persons on the station at all times.
- Managing all aspects of the daily running of the station – including development and implementation of the station’s mustering program, lick program and cap-ex budgets.
- Supervision of all staff and any contractors on the station.
- Ensuring all station machinery & equipment is regularly kept clean, maintained and serviced by the station mechanic.
- Ensuring all buildings, grounds and station infrastructure are kept in top condition and any maintenance required is reported to the Pastoral Inspector.
- Keeping of necessary station/cattle movement records and reporting these to the Pastoral Inspector / Head Office where required.
- Mentoring of staff on the station, ensuring best-practice techniques at all times.
- MC License
- QLD AB Firearms Licence.
- Extensive experience working with cattle, understanding of the highest standards of animal welfare and low-stress stock handling techniques (further training will be provided).
- Excellent horsemanship skills.
- Demonstrated leadership with strong communication, people management and mentoring skills.
- Must be able to work as a part of a tight team within the network of adjoining stations.
- Good problem solving skills.
- Must be hardworking, energetic and have a sense of humour!
Preferable but not essential
Because we only want the very best people on our stations, we’re offering an attractive remuneration package and a fully renovated 4 bedroom, 2 bathroom Manager’s House, lush manicured station grounds, high-speed WiFi and seriously good chef-cooked meals – honestly the best you will find anywhere on a station in the North of Australia!
This is a great opportunity for a family looking for an immensely satisfying lifestyle with a healthy work/life balance. Working with a fantastic team of fun, genuine people on a busy well-cared for cattle station in some of the more interesting scenery of the Outback with excellent fishing & camping opportunities for those interested.
Additional training offered within the company to promote career development.
Start date: September / October 2019 (by negotiation)
Apply now >